In the on line tatting community in the mid-1990’s, a popular activity was called “round robin tatting.” A group of tatters would decide on project parameters, and each would start a project and mail it and the thread (and pattern, if any) to the next on the list. Eventually a finished project made it back to the person who started it.
In 1996, I was in a group of 5 tatters who made 5 tatted Round Robin Doilies. Here are pictures and patterns for them all:
- Doily #1 (Belongs to Steph Peters) Aka “the Square one”
- Doily #2 (Belongs to Di Michelson) Aka “the Blue and White one” even though it was blue and ecru!
- Doily #3 (Belongs to Kara Sheil) Done in a lovely peach.
- Doily #4 (Belongs to me) Done in ecru.
- Doily #5 (Belongs to Pam Dotson) Done in “Husky Purple” (dark purple to the uninitiated!)
And here’s another doily belonging to Kara Sheil from an early round robin.
These last images are of a doily from a 1998 round robin with Georgia Seitz (she did the center of this one), Miriam Gidron, Steph Peters, Etha “Maus” Schuette, and me. It was quite an amazing feat on our parts if I do say so myself!